Saturday 27 November 2010

Meeting

Our first meeting took place on a Saturday at Jamie's house. We wanted to focus on choosing a genre and a target audience and we believe the meeting was very successful. 
  • What genre of music we all enjoy: Instruments, current artists, current music videos, codes and conventions of this genre
  • What genre we would all be happy to produce a music video in
  • Target Audience
What genre of music do we all enjoy?

Jamie: The genre of music I enjoy the most is Indie, as I think it is a very interesting genre and we could produce a really good video for it. We can also look at some very current, relevant artists for inspiration and ideas. The target audience I believe would be most suitable for this genre would be 16-20 year olds.

Faye: I enjoy listening to a wide range of different music genres, as on my i-pod  I could be listening to a musical soundtrack, then pop and then to Rock. However my favourite genres are Rock and Indie. By listening to a wide range of music I am happy to work with any genre when producing our video.

Elliot: I would say that my favourite genre of music is a Metal sub-genre known as post-hardcore. However I also enjoy a large variety of Indie, Pop/Punk and even Dubstep. I'm happy to work with most genre's of music, but am a little opposed to Mainstream Pop. 

Who do you think our Target Audience should be?

Jamie: Well guys, like I said earlier I believe that an ideal target audience would be 16-20 years olds, I believe this age group will be best as we will be producing a music video for people of our own age, therefore we will be able to know our self whether or not we have produced a successful music video.

Faye: I think that it would be best to have a target audience that we will be able to relate to. Therefore I think our music video should be targeted at an audience aged between 16-20.

Elliot: I think because we are all around 16 to 17 years old, we would relate best to an age group similar to our own. I think we all have a good understanding of our favourite genre's so I'd agree with a 16-20 year old target audience as mentioned earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment